Compassion

Compassion

Monday, July 11, 2016

Day 2 - Montego Bay, Jamaica

I learned today that we will remain in Montego Bay and do our mission work at a church located in an impoverished and desolate community. It is from there that we will be leading vacation bible school with kids ages 6-18 yrs old. 

  

I thank God for providing me with this awesome experience. It was in 90 degree heat that I began to build relationships with kids, and teach them about God's will. It was during this time in which I had a very emotional conversation with a group of children ages 15-18 yrs old (7 of whom were Black males) about what's happening in the States. All of the children were very aware of what is going on. To my dismay when I asked them to reflect on what is going on in the States to how things are in Jamaica, ALL 7 boys stated that on a daily basis they feared for their lives as their community is stricken with violence. 

 
 
 
 The food was absolutely fabulous.  
*For breakfast we were given salt mackeral, bananas, and dumplings. 
*For lunch we were given red beans and rice, curried goat, with a cabbage salad. 
 
*For dinner we were given beef patties. 
 
To top off my day there was a down pour of ran that happened. God definitely showed up as there was a rainbow over the city of Montego Bay. 
 
Stay prayed up my friends. Through the good and the bad, God is moving. 
Live~Laugh~Love

2 comments:

  1. Your are an amazing woman Shannon Tenner and I am proud to call you my friend. :) Big hugs. I love the pics please keep us all posted.


    Chey

    ReplyDelete